Thursday, January 24, 2013

Star Bright!

Today has been nuts - NUTS I tell ya.  Between my real life business, a business relocation in Second Life, and the regular social stuff, it's been pretty hectic since last night - which is when I originally intended to post a blog but just could not do it.  I helped a friend find a new skin and shape which he hadn't done in years, so it took some time.  He settled on a Belleza skin & a Pekka shape.  But, oh, the lessons we learn from extended shopping trips, both as consumers and business owners!  Apparently, Pekka recently relocated also, but didn't get a chance to update all the LMs in their wares.  I purchased a makeup set that I really loved and went back for more.  The LM that was included whisked me away to a private residence where two amorous lovebirds were embroiled in passionate lovemaking. Ahhhhh!  Funny, huh?  Yeaaaaah.  I made sure to let the owner know.  Wonder how many other people ended up at that house?

Anywho, a couple other sidenotes:
*  I am never again paying to be a VIP in someone's SL group.  There have been two groups that I paid for now that have either completely dissolved altogether without notice (*cough* -BC- *cough) or just haven't delivered.  I have to admit, Paper.Doll went out of its way to rectify last year's flakiness - just waiting to see what happens this year.  I think if you're kind enough to give up a slot in your groups for a store whose products you love, even if it is for a few stinkin' minutes to grab a group gift, in the end it is promoting that store and they should be pleased with that.  Hey, I know everyone wants something for their work, but some things are intangible and priceless.  Store owners need to recognize this.

* Gachas should always have stuff in them that are transferable.  It's really only fair.  I mean if I'm standing there trying to get a specific shade of hair bow, spending 45L every time, let me give the others away that I probably won't ever use!  You have your money - what the hell do you care who I give it to?  If anything, it could gain you a new customer that never even knew about your store.

* LOLA'S ... I am so torn.  I ♥ my bewbies.  I do.  I got the Belleza Applier that makes them look incredible and in spite of the upturned-permanent-erect-nipple thingy that I'm not super fond of, the Tangos are purty good (though I still wish the Push-Ups had made it to mesh).  The issue I'm having is from being a finicky shopper.  Not many creators take the time to make the system layers of an implant-friendly outfit work.  Perhaps two separate sets of system layers are required to really make this happen since I know people who don't have implants also enjoy buying the outfits?  But when I put something on and I work tirelessly forever with horizontal digits and pesky offsets, I still end up seeing the layer underneath between my bewbs, whether it's lace, or a button, or some other cute detail.  I know it's rectifiable by angle, but PLEASE - a little extra time and attention to detail could make them turn out so much better!  Egoxentrikax has really put the effort into making their products look fabulous.  I've gotten 3 items from them now, and the first came from a hunt.  Their v-neck sweaters line up nicely without much effort and the appliers taper to conform to the v-neck just before the center.  No odd stuff going on twixt the titties(!) - and I commend them for that.  Same is true of their Lace Halter Tops and Kamila Dresses.

Whew - I had some thoughts going on tonight!  I may sound bitchy HEY, but, there were at least some nuggets of good in there, I hope.  On to what I put together...



So today's outfit shapes up like this...

Skin: -Belleza- Lily V2 Tan 0 w/ Lola's Tango Tan Tattoo & Lola's Tango Mesh Breasts
Shape: *custom*
Hair: >Truth< Evelyn w/ Roots - Seaspray (crap! I forgot to change my hair!  oops XD)
Make-up:  Pekka Juicy Lips - 2
                 Pekka Kathya V2 Eye Makeup (white)
                 [Stellar] Doll Lashes 1
                 Izzie's French Nails
                 [:T:] Parted Lips 5
Earrings: erratic // hoops earrings (silver, large)
Necklace: [AddiCt] Circle Necklace
Gloves: [Glue Ink] Ree Gloves - White Lace
Rings: Ben's Beauty Melissa Ring (white silver a & b)
Bracelets: Finesmith - Inspired by Nola Bracelets
Dress: [Cynful] Strapless Dress - Silver (last TDR)
Boots: Maitreya Radical Boots - Snow

Hope you all have a great day!  Take it easy!



P.S. - Go get these Red Cat Flats for 1L - they're adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment