Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shoes = Heaven

The GoS Boutique opened today and aside from the usual "I'm not compromising on the things I'm wearing for the sake of reducing lag for all involved" frustration (*sigh* there was a unicorn there, people ... a U-NEE-freakin-CORN   -.-) it was a relatively pleasant experience.  I had figured that with the introduction of SL's best skin-matching HUD, it was going to be a little laggy, a little time-consuming, and a little pricey (shoes $795, bare feet $595).  Still, never before have I been so willing and thrilled to spend thousands of lindens in one shot for a handful of shoes!  Honestly, I had considered doing the photo shoot lying on the floor on my back surrounded by the shoe boxes with a contented face similar to that of post-coital bliss, but I wanted to show my silvery babies in sunlight instead.

Anyway, back to facts... I have to admit to having been caught up in the hype.  Ever since I watched the YouTube video last night about the skin-matching system, I was enthralled with these beautifully-designed shoes.  I was also impressed with the dedication it would take to painstakingly match shoes to skins just to form a database of the size that GoS has - over 250 skins!  What I didn't realize was that those 250 skins were actually only from a handful of skin creators.  So before you run out and get these, do yourself a favor and check their website to see if your favorite skin(s) will be in their HUD.  They are glorious shoes - and you can still manually match with the color HUD - but part of what you're paying for, I'm convinced, is this top-of-the-line skin-matching technology.

IMPORTANT!!!
When you do go to grab some - and I'm pretty sure you will because everyone wants to have a fabulous pair of limited edition snakeskin peep-toe shoes in her fashion arsenal - you should probably do so this weekend.  Join the GoS Boutique Inworld Group and get 10% off until Monday as well as the option to purchase one or two limited versions to support PDSA.  Prepare for it to be laggy and prepare to be trying to get onto the sim for a while, but in the end you will have made the sacrifice for beautiful shoes you will no doubt wear with pride all over the grid for months to come.



[GoS] Boutique - Grace Sandals - Mirror
(I ♥ them so much already!)

Here's the info for rest of the outfit:

Hair:           Elikatira - Found - Warm Blondes - Blonde 07
                  LeLutka Hair Base - BlondeFun
Make-up:    [bubble] Into the Night - Egyptian Liner & Shadow II
                  Izzie's Lipstick Red
Nails:          Izzie's Classic Nails
Skin:           -Belleza- Lily V2 Tan 0 (cleavage)
Shirt:           erratic / amy - silk blouse / RED
Skirt:           Well Then! Black Mini Skirt
Bracelets:     Finesmith - Nola Bracelets Silver
Necklace:    -RYCA- Choker EZ Platinum
Earrings:      *VEXTRA FASHION * Triple Loop Earrings
Rings:          LaGyo Shield Rings Silver/Black
                  Kyoot Nine Crimes Ring Silver


No comments:

Post a Comment