Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beauty Base Zero & Cotton Candy MMMMM!

It's been so great to catch up on some of my favorite blogs dating back to Christmas when I had zero spare time to look them over, let alone go shop for stuff, and I stumbled upon a neat idea posted by Portia Pexington on her blog Something New.  It's a blogger challenge to show your "starting point" or your "blank canvas", the default outfit you throw on before delving into your virtual closet to get dressed for a blog post.  So I thought I'd share what is usually my "base", my favorites that I stray from after putting together an outfit, but what I put on before getting dressed.  Normally, I'm quite nakie, but who ever complains about lingerie?  XD


Beauty Base Zero

Skin: Belleza Lily V2 Tan 0 (cleavage)
Shape: *custom* (tweaked over the years from my original Platinum "Jody" Shape)
Hair: >Truth< Evelyn w/ Roots - Seaspray
Eyelashes: [Stellar] Doll Lashes 2
Eyes: MB MO Blue 1
Nails: Izzie's French Nails
Make-up: [bubble] Into the Night - Black Egyptian Liner & Shadow II
                [:T:] Parted Lips 5
                Izzie's Lipgloss - Soft Pink
Lingerie: [Detour] Lingerie #1 - Bra & Panties

Additional Tools:
      Facelight: Everglow Beauty Light (provides a soft, muted glow rather than a bright, harsh light)
      Pose: [LAP] C-Now Lean Back
      Posestand: Serenade Posestand Pro V4.0


THEN there was another blog post about themed challenges and the one I found for this week was "cotton candy".  Well, I just so happen to have finished The Hello Titty Hunt last night and received this cute little lingerie set from J'adore.  The hunt is only 30 stops and I got a bunch of really nice goodies I can wear with or without my Lola's (many offer multiple implant appliers, too!), push-ups or tangos.  YaY!


The above was my Beauty Base Zero + the [J'adore] Hello Titty Bra, Thong, & Stockings.  I used Striking Poses' Drew Barrymore Pose 1, some Pillow Talk Pillows, and the AnaLutetia Studio 2 environment setting to achieve a soft pink backdrop.

I'm just glad I got to play with this some today!  In RL I'm finishing up a wall-mounted jewelry organizer made from an antique wooden linotype drawer with all it's little cubed spaces.  When I saw them on Etsy I knew I could make the same thing. I've been Drimmeling away holes for dangly earrings, adding cork to some for stud earrings, and adding hooks for necklaces, anklets, & bracelets in others.  Tomorrow I'll finish it up with little dowels on top for rings, a large dowel suspended across the bottom for chunky bracelets, magnets on the side for bobbie pins and barettes, and little clothespins on the other side for hairbands.  This thing is going to be AWESOME when it's done.  I can't wait!!!

Anyway - I have to go grab some zzz's.  Been a long day.  I'll have more for you all tomorrow!

P.S. - My friend Shelz Theas has joined as a contributor so you'll be seeing fantastic stuff from her on this blog, too!  \o/

No comments:

Post a Comment